|SAQA US ID||QUALIFICATION TITLE|
|50334||National Certificate: Occupationally Directed Education Training and Development Practices|
PURPOSE AND RATIONALE OF THE QUALIFICATION
- This qualification is for those who want to build on a FETC in any field to enter the field of ODETD as a potential career, and have little or no previous exposure to ETD. The qualification will also be valuable for those who may have been practising within the field, but without formal recognition. This qualification will be useful for:
- Learning facilitators.
- Learner and learning supporters.
- Skills Development Facilitators.
This qualification will provide practitioners with the general ETD skills required at NQF level 5 across five key ETD roles, with the opportunity to specialise further in one of the following four roles:
- Design and develop learning interventions.
- Facilitate learning.
- Design and conduct assessments.
- Facilitate skills development.
Practitioners will generally carry out their role within the context of:
- Given Quality Assurance policies, procedures and processes.
- A guided and supported learning environment.
|ID||UNIT STANDARD TITLE||NQF LEVEL||CREDITS|
|Core||117865||Assist and support learners to manage their learning experiences||Level 4||5|
|Core||123396||Define target audience profiles and skills gaps||Level 4||6|
|Core||115753||Conduct outcomes-based assessment||Level 5||15|
|Core||114924||Demonstrate understanding of the outcomes-based education and training approach within the context of a National Qualifications Framework||Level 5||5|
|Core||123397||Evaluate a learning intervention using given evaluation instruments||Level 5||10|
|Core||117871||Facilitate learning using a variety of given methodologies||Level 5||10|
|Core||117874||Guide learners about their learning, assessment and recognition opportunities||Level 5||6|
|Core||15221||Provide information and advice regarding skills development and related issues||Level 5||4|
|Fundamental||115789||Sustain oral interaction across a wide range of contexts and critically evaluate spoken texts||Level 5||5|
|Fundamental||115790||Write and present for a wide range of purposes, audiences and contexts||Level 5||5|
|Elective||15232||Coordinate planned skills development interventions in an organisation||Level 5||6|
|Elective||15217||Develop an organisational training and development plan||Level 5||6|
|Elective||123394||Develop outcomes-based learning programmes||Level 5||10|
|Elective||252041||Promote a learning culture in an organisation||Level 5||5|
|Elective||15222||Promote a learning culture in an organisation||Level 5||3|
|Elective||15218||Conduct an analysis to determine outcomes of learning for skills development and other purposes||Level 6||4|
|Elective||115759||Conduct moderation of outcomes-based assessments||Level 6||10|
|Elective||123401||Design outcomes-based learning programmes||Level 6||15|