115759 Moderator Course
TRAINYOUCAN (ETDP SETA) Accredited Training Network and its members is committed to follow all the ETQA requirements as stipulated by SAQA. Read more about TRAINING Fraud and Scam alerts here!
- ETDP SETA registered and accredited. Click here to confirm our accreditation.
- NQF Level 6, total of 10 Credits.
- US 115759
- Minimum requirements by the SETA for registration.
- Minimum requirements for Training Provider Accreditation.
- Generic course that can be used in any SETA or sector.
- On completion learners will be registered with SAQA on the NRLD database.
- Duration of 3 days + FORUM Support.
- Manned helpdesk 7 days a week.
- Assist with FREE SETA registration support to members worth
- Only make use of leading edge facilitators with years of expertise in this field.
- We members of the Association for Skills Development in South Africa.
- We regret that support is limited to individuals who successfully completed the course with TRAINYOUCAN only.
Conduct Moderation is a followup course of the Assessors course. Learners must complete the Assessors course first before they can enroll for the moderators course. The Moderation training course is aimed to accredited you as an individual to moderate assessments decisions for either a training provider or on behalf of the SETA. Invest in your future and attend our Train the Trainer training course also knows as Facilitator training course, assessor training course today.
COURSE SUMMARY for the Conduct Moderators Training Course
- Short name: SETA Accredited Conduct Moderation
- Full description: 115759 Conduct moderation of outcomes-based assessments
- SETA Accredited: Yes, ETDP SETA NQF Accredited
- SETA: Education, Training, Development & Practices Sector Education & Training Authority (ETDP Seta) www.etdpseta.org.za
- NQF: 6
- Credits: 10
- Duration: 3 days
- Re-Assessment fees: None
- Hidden fees: None
- Recognition: Based on the National Qualifications Framework that is Nationally Accepted in South Africa, Department of Labour and Microsoft Certified courses.
- Success rate of learner: Currently we have a very high success rate due to the “one-price-policy” that include additional support at no additional cost.
- POE Building: We don’t take any short-cuts such as POE building in the class and follow all the guidelines stipulated by SAQA and the SETA.
- Location: We now offer our courses nationally in Durban, Cape Town and Johannesburg and selected venues around South Africa
Note: Any person who wants to offer their services as an accredited individual, company or a training provider can only do so with a valid SOR (Statement of Results) from the ETDP SETA. No other document/certificate can be used, even if it reflects the same unit standard.
SUPPORTING STRUCTURES for the TRAIN THE TRAINER or FACILITATORS course.
- Currently we have the following supporting structures in place for our members:
- Online booking portal through www.coursesdirect.co.za.
- Telephone support on networks like Telkom, Cellphone, VOIP, Viber.
- Whatsapp –
- Cell. 0825507946 Tel. 0867227014 English.
- Cell. Zulu 0727372733 Tel. 0318115749 English/Zulu.
- Helpdesk – www.trainyoucansupport.co.za – 7 days a week (integrated email and sms notifications).
- Members private forum with model answers to all activities on www.trainyoucanforum.co.za.
- JOB opportunities on our site www.skillsjobs.co.za.
- FREE freelancer listings on www.trainingdirect.co.za for certified Moderators.
- FREE members video blog on www.youcantrain.co.za.
- Check our feedback and reviews from our previous learners on www.trainyoucanreviews.co.za
COURSE DETAIL for the Conduct Moderators Training Course
- This course is based on the Unit Standards 115759 – click here to read more
- People credited with this unit standard are able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of moderation within the context of an outcomes-based assessment system,
- Plan and prepare for moderation,
- Conduct moderation,
- Advise and support assessors,
- Report, record and administer moderation, and
- Review moderation systems and processes.
- Purpose of the course:
- This unit standard is for people who conduct internal or external moderation of outcomes-based assessments. The assessments could be in terms of outcomes defined in a number of documents, including but not limited to unit standards, exit level outcomes, assessment standards, curriculum statements and qualifications. This unit standard will contribute towards the achievement of a variety of qualifications particularly within the field of Education Training and Development Practices and Human Resource Development.
- Those who have achieved this unit standard will be able to moderate assessments in terms of the relevant outcome statements and quality assurance requirements. The candidate-moderator will be able to use the prescribed Quality Assurance procedures in a fair, valid, reliable and practicable manner that is free of all bias and discrimination, paying particular attention to the three groups targeted for redress: race, gender and disability.
- Each learner will receive a learner guide and workbook during the contact session that will assist them with the building of their POE (Portfolio of Evidence).
- Learner will receive full instruction from us before the course to assist with the preparation of the course. Where possible additional resources will be provided to learners who are not able to get there resources.
- Learners are required to apply skills and knowledge obtained on the course in the workplace. As learners apply these skills, they produce evidence, which needs to be compiled into a portfolio of evidence (POE). This POE is submitted to Trainyoucan for assessment. Learners will receive a workbook and portfolio guide, which will guide them through the process. Any additional resources required will be provided by Trainyoucan to the learner, free of charge.
BONUS DISCUSSIONS AND HANDOUTS DURING THIS COURSE
As a valued customer the following is included as standard practices in TRAINYOUCAN induction of accredited course, namely:
- Detailed induction of the SETA, SAQA, NQF and Credits.
- Detailed explanation on the types of accreditation found, namely individual, training provider and programme accreditation.
- Difference between unit standards and qualifications with detailed explanation.
- FREE templates and resources on this topic, ready to be downloaded to use from our members forum.
- FREE resources on compiling your personal CV and registration with the SETA for Assessors and Moderators.
- Two complete assessment will be provided to each learner in the class for moderation purposes.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND the Conduct Moderators Training Course
- Training Managers
- Become an Accredited Moderator
- Freelance Moderators
- People who want to work with the SETA’s
- People who want to open their own Training Companies
- People who want to train or moderate learners on unit standards.
- People who want to train or moderate learners on qualifications.
- HR Persons.
- Training Administrators.
- Training Providers or newly registered Training Providers.
- Accredited and NON-Accredited Employee/Training Providers.
- Lecturers at Technicons, Private Colleges or Universities.
- Learning material developers looking to enhance their programmes.
- Anyone else who can benefit from moderation methodologies.
- New training providers applying for accreditation.
- Employers running learnerships.
- Learners studying towards their ETDP Qualification.
- SETA staff.
- People who want to work internationally, as my countries accept this certificate in Africa and internationally.
ENROLMENT REQUIREMENTS for the Conduct Moderators Training Course
- The credit calculation is based on the assumption that learners are already competent in the learning area in which they will provide training. (Have scope or experience to train in a specific field.)
- The unit standard range statement requires that individuals completed at least 6 assessments on their own before registering as Moderators.
- Basic communication skills (English = reading and writing skills on a NQF level 4 (Metric Level))
- Able to attend the contact session and any of our workshops offered.
- Access to email and where possible to the internet for research.
Learner preparation for the contact session (Classroom Training)
- Laptop, I-Apple, I-Pot or I-Orange : Please bring! We will provide FREE WIFI Spot.
- Attending the full contact session. (Classroom Session)
- Certified copy of ID and a detailed CV for registration purposes. (Indicating previous workplace experience)
- Evidence of previous Assessments conducted.
- Large A4 lever arch file + 12 dividers. (Cheap dividers)
- Copy of your Assessors Certificate or SOR – Unit Standard 115753
- Copy of any Unit Standard Aligned assessment that conducted. (Either for yourself or completed by another person for the practical activity)
- Copy of the following policies if this is available in your organisation: The assessment Policy of your organisation, The Moderation Policy of your organisation, The RPL Policy of your organisation, The re-assessment policy of your organisation, The appeals policy of your organisation.
- Register on our public forum www.etqa.co.za as a user and download the latest Moderator Template form the forum.
b) OPTIONAL: (Not required but for those who want to start with the research)
- Two previous (complete) assessments that you already completed.
How do we comply with the Unit Standards and Credits
PROCESS FLOW for the TRAIN THE TRAINER or FACILITATORS course.
WARNING: It is quite common for Training Providers to issue false certificate on the last day for the training session. According to the SAQA and the ETDP SETA Policy, can a training provider only issue the final certificate once assessment, internal and external moderation including SETA verification was completed. This process average takes between 2 to 6 weeks. Any training provider who offer reduced promises should be questioned and reported for fraudulent activity.
ACCREDITATION AND QUESTIONS YOU SHOULD ASK
The criteria for the accreditation of training providers define a number of requirements that include:
- Administrative procedures and record keeping and policies.
- Management review
- Authorization of affiliates
- Tutor selection, training and performance review
- Issuance of training certificates
- Learner Support
- Delivery, Assessment and Moderation practices
NOTE: There are basically two different types of accreditation:
- The training provider or the institute must be accredited by a SETA. “ETQA” (Their offices, policies and procedures. This can be any SETA = does not matter what type of courses they offer.)
- Each learning programme or qualification is accredited with the relevant SETA “ETQA” who is responsible for this programme. Also note that the word “accreditation” does not mean they SETA accredited. It must say “NQF Accredited”.
How to confirm that you are not caught in a SCAM!
Before you can start with any course you should ask the following questions:
- Is the course accredited and with what SETA? (Phone the SETA and ask to speak to the ETQA Manager or check their website for detail.
- What is the process and duration from start to completion?
- Are there any additional fees for support to re-submission?
- Entry Requirements? Do you charge for registration and why?
- What discount can I get if I do more courses with your institute?
- What after support and resources to you offer?
- Can you provide a list of references or reviews of learners who completed these courses before?
- Is this course even the correct course for what I’m trying to do?