Train the Trainer
Train the Trainer course is designed to help the individual who is not (or at least not yet) a professional trainer. The focus is on the supervisor, manager or brand new trainer who has been asked to present or train a group of individuals; a task for which he or she has little prior experience. This on the job training can strike fear into the heart of the most skilled and experienced employee.
If you do on the job training in your organization the course will help you feel more comfortable and more competent. You will explore how adults learn and take a step-by-step approach to create training sessions that meet employee and colleagues needs. Training results are too important to leave to chance.
Behind every spectacular training session is a lot of preparation and meticulous attention to detail. The truly skilled trainer can make a program exciting. The learners will have fun while they are learning.
To reach this stage as an adult educator isn’t always easy, but success isn’t just for the naturally gifted. It is possible for all of us who put effort into our personal growth and development, because we want the enormous satisfaction that comes from working with others to help them reach their potential as human beings.
You will learn during this course to:
- Recognize the importance of considering the participants and their training needs, including the different learning styles and adult learning principles.
- Know how to write objectives and evaluate whether these objectives have been met at the end of a training session.
- Develop an effective training style, using appropriate training aids and techniques.
- Understand the importance of an instruction guide to help a trainer prepare and deliver effectively and consistently.
- Conduct a short group training session that incorporates these training concepts.
- Enhance your understanding of learning styles and how to accommodate them in the classroom
- Understand the key principles of effective communication in a workshop setting
- Identify strategies to create a no-risk environment. Use a variety of training techniques to stimulate participation
- Develop a plan and prepare for an effective training session
- Practice thinking on your feet in a safe environment
- Identify advanced interventions for difficult situations
- Practice the skills needed for a team presentation
The training is structured as follows:
Becoming a Professional Trainer
Defining a Successful Training Program
What Training Can Do
What Training Cannot Do
Advantages of Workplace Training
A Word about Adult Learning
Principles of Adult Learning
Motivating the Adult Learner
The Learning Process: the four basic steps
Your Approach to Learning as a Trainer
Your Learning Style
My Training Style
The Trainer Type Inventory
The Learning Cycle
The Training Process
Defining Training Needs
A Participative Approach
Designing the Program
Types of Trainers
Dealing with Difficult Trainees
Types of Visual Aids
Using Non-Verbal Communication
Managing the Question and Answer Period
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
TRAINYOUCAN forms part of an Accredited Training Network that operate in South Africa between Durban, Cape Town and Johannesburg. Our main focus is in SETA Accredited courses such as Train the Trainer, Assessor and SDF (Skills Development Facilitator) training. TRAINYOUCAN, the preferred long term training provider.