120372 Project Management NQF 4
trainyoucan.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/General-640x480.jpg" alt="General [640x480]" width="122" height="173" srcset="https://www.trainyoucan.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/General-640x480.jpg 339w, https://www.trainyoucan.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/General-640x480-212x300.jpg 212w, https://www.trainyoucan.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/General-640x480-283x400.jpg 283w" sizes="(max-width: 122px) 100vw, 122px" />TRAINYOUCAN (ETDP SETA) Accredited Training Network and its members is committed to follow all the ETQA requirements as stipulated by SAQA. Read more about TRAINING Fraud and Scam alerts here!
120372 Accredited Project Management Training
WARNING: Be cautious of “bogus” providers!
COURSE SUMMARY Project Management NQF 4
- Short name: 120372 SETA Accredited Project Management Training NQF 4
- Full description: 120372 Explain fundamental of Project Management
- Accredited: Yes, Public SETA NQF Accredited
- SETA: Public Education & Training Authority (P Seta) www.pseta.org.za
- NQF: 4
- Credits: 5
- Duration: 2 days
- Re-Assessment fees: None
- Assignment extensions: Up to 12 months at no additional cost.
- Hidden fees: None
- Recognition: Based on the National Qualifications Framework that is Nationally Accepted in South Africa.
- Success rate of learner: Our success rate for complete assignments and certified learners currently is estimated at 99%.
- Short-cuts: We don’t take any short-cuts such as POE building in the class and follow all the guidelines stipulated by SAQA and the SETA.
- Location: Public courses in KZN Durban but we do from time to time schedule classes in Cape Town and Gauteng.
- Discounts: We offer a members discount for returning students, pensioners and NGO discount. Group discounts on own venues are also offered.
- Also known/referred to as:
- Project Manager Training
- Project Team Member Training
- Senior Manager Training
- Event Project Management Training
- General Project Management Training
- Construction Project Management Training
- Executive Project Management Training
- Business Owners Training
Note: Any person who wants to offer their services as an accredited individual, company or a training provider can only do so with a valid SOR (Statement of Results) from the ETDP SETA. No other document/certificate can be used, even if it reflects the same unit standard.
SUPPORTING STRUCTURES for the TRAIN THE TRAINER or FACILITATORS course.
Currently we have the following supporting structures in place for our members:
- Online booking portal through www.coursesdirect.co.za.
- Telephone support on networks like Telkom, Cellphone, VOIP, Viber.
- Whatsapp –
- Cell. 0825507946 Tel. 0867227014 English.
- Cell. Zulu 0727372733 Tel. 0318115749 English/Zulu.
- Helpdesk – www.trainyoucansupport.co.za – 7 days a week (integrated email and sms notifications).
- Members private forum with model answers to all activities on www.trainyoucanforum.co.za.
- JOB opportunities on our site www.skillsjobs.co.za.
- FREE members video blog on www.youcantrain.co.za.
- Check our feedback and reviews from our previous learners on www.trainyoucanreviews.co.za
- This course is based on the Unit Standard 120372 – click here to read more
- People credited with this unit standard are able to:
- Explaining the nature of a project.
- Explaining the nature and application of project management.
- Explaining the types of structures that are found in a project environment.
- Explaining the application of organisation structures in a project environment.
- Explaining the major processes and activities required to manage a project.
- The person credited with this unit standard is able to begin operating in a project environment by understanding the terminology used and interpreting and explaining fundamental concepts of project management. This standard will also add value to learners who are running their own business and recognise that project management forms an integral component of any business.
- Each learner will receive a learner guide and workbook during the contact session that will assist them with the building of their POE (Portfolio of Evidence).
- Learner will receive full instruction from us before the course to assist with the preparation of the course. Where possible additional resources will be provided to learners who are not able to get there resources.
- Learners are required to apply skills and knowledge obtained on the course in the workplace. As learners apply these skills, they produce evidence, which needs to be compiled into a portfolio of evidence (POE). This POE is submitted to Trainyoucan for assessment. Learners will receive a workbook and portfolio guide, which will guide them through the process. Any additional resources required will be provided by Trainyoucan to the learner, free of charge.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Anyone involved in projects – whether as project manager, project team member, planner or senior manager – will benefit from this program. The skills and techniques taught on this program are relevant to all sectors of business and government including services, engineering, social development and information management.
- Project Manager
- Project Team Member
- Training Managers
- Senior Manager
- Event Management
- General Management
- construction Management
- Executive Management
- Business Owners
- Basic communication skills (English = reading and writing skills on a NQF level 4 or equal to Metric Level)
- Able to attend the contact session and any of our workshops offered.
- Access to email and where possible to the internet for research.
Learner preparation for the contact session (Classroom Training)
- Attending the full contact session. (Classroom Session)
- Copy of ID and CV for registration purposes. (Indicating previous workplace experience)
- Pen and paper.
- A4 lever arch file.
b) OPTIONAL: (Not required but for those who want to start with the research)
- Laptop, I-Apple, I-Pot or I-Orange : Please bring! We will provide FREE WIFI Spot.
- Internet access to view additional support on our Forum
How do we comply with the Unit Standards & Credits?
JOB OPPORTUNITIES for the TRAIN THE TRAINER or FACILITATORS course.
The following types of JOB opportunities exist in the Educational Industry;
- Qualified Trainers and Assessors who offer their services as FREELANCERS. (People who are contracted-in by companies to perform training functions).
- Permanent employment opportunities for individuals with Training Providers as qualified Trainers, Assessors and Training Administrators.
- Appointed Training Managers in Corporate Companies.
- Lecturers at both public and private colleges.
- Microsoft Certified and Department of Labour Special Projects (Qualified Trainer Certificate as entry level requirement)
- Developers of course material for both short and NQF aligned courses.
- International JOB opportunities in the Education Field, based on the Outcomes Based Education or Common Core principles.
- SETA Project Managers, both internally and externally.
- HR related vacancies – becoming industry requirement with recruitment agencies.
- Industry specialist who want a change in career.
- Individuals who retire and want to generate additional income in their spare time.
- Self motivated individuals who offer part time courses on weekends or in their spare time.
PROCESS FLOW for the TRAIN THE TRAINER or FACILITATORS course.
WARNING: It is quite common for Training Providers to issue false certificate on the last day for the training session. According to the SAQA and the ETDP SETA Policy, can a training provider only issue the final certificate once assessment, internal and external moderation including SETA verification was completed. This process average takes between 2 to 6 weeks. Any training provider who offer reduced promises should be questioned and reported for fraudulent activity.
ACCREDITATION AND QUESTIONS YOU SHOULD ASK
The criteria for the accreditation of training providers define a number of requirements that include:
- Administrative procedures and record keeping and policies.
- Management review
- Authorization of affiliates
- Tutor selection, training and performance review
- Issuance of training certificates
- Learner Support
- Delivery, Assessment and Moderation practices
NOTE: There are basically two different types of accreditation:
- The training provider or the institute must be accredited by a SETA. “ETQA” (Their offices, policies and procedures. This can be any SETA = does not matter what type of courses they offer.)
- Each learning programme or qualification is accredited with the relevant SETA “ETQA” who is responsible for this programme. Also note that the word “accreditation” does not mean they SETA accredited. It must say “NQF Accredited”.
How to confirm that you are not caught in a SCAM!
Before you can start with any course you should ask the following questions:
- Is the course accredited and with what SETA? (Phone the SETA and ask to speak to the ETQA Manager or check their website for detail.
- What is the process and duration from start to completion?
- Are there any additional fees for support to re-submission?
- Entry Requirements? Do you charge for registration and why?
- What discount can I get if I do more courses with your institute?
- What after support and resources to you offer?
- Can you provide a list of references or reviews of learners who completed these courses before?
- Is this course even the correct course for what I’m trying to do?